Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quite a day...

Another successful class under our belts. Lots of questions, last night....that makes me happy! You can't learn if you don't ask questions! Baking is a science. Science is a subject with lots of questions... The tablescape turned out exactly like it looked in my head, all of my daughter's collectibles did the trick! Presentation is very important...I feel that way about the plates when they leave the kitchen, the bakery case and each dessert within, all of my merchandise displays and my tablescapes for the classes are on that list too! The one I have planned for the Mother's Day Tea class is going to be really cute...We, also had some other event of importance going on yesterday. The truck convoy carrying some of the surviving pieces of the World Trade Center passed VERY close to the shop on it's way to Coatsville. They are going to put them in a museum about steel, but there is, certainly, more interest in these pieces than what they are made of. It's amazing that we are still trying to come to terms with that day...I, really, don't think we ever will. I think it's, almost, impossible to wrap your brain around that much hatred, and that much devastation. Well, to be honest, I don't want to be able to understand that kind of hatred...and I pray we never have to see that kind of devastation again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment