Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's out for summer!!

The Fairy Tea Class was so much fun!! It was the biggest class we've had, so far. All of the little accessories I had ordered came in...arbors, watering cans, wheelbarrows, little tools, even birdhouses on sticks! I used some of the things when I planted the fairy garden to show the class. Everyone was very enthusiastic about planting one for themselves, and bought all kinds of stuff to decorate their creations! I think it's so cool to be the one helping all of my "students" to find some magic and to remember how to "make believe"...it's really important to find your creative side, especially with how hectic all of our lives are. There is nothing more satisfying than sitting in a garden you've designed and planted and taken care of...and if you can spin a little fantasy into it too...all the better!!! I gave them all kinds of information to use...flower meanings, the magical properties of insects, birds and small animals...it's interesting stuff, once you start to research it. My daughter had off today and had an adventure with some of her boyfriend's family. She found a new book on this subject and bought it for me...so it looks like I'll have even more to teach next year!!! School's out for the summer...but I need to figure out my Fall schedule of classes....they're already asking what's next!!! I think that means they've enjoyed themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment