Welcome to Sweet Memories




Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Time for pie...

         We went out, very early, this morning and picked the black raspberries. I had a nice amount, but I had posted my intentions on facebook, last night, and had quite a response. I also had some requests...so I combined our black raspberries with purchased raspberries and made a custard pie. Then I added blueberries to the remainder and made blueberry/black raspberry tarts. This made the "harvest" go further. They are chilling right now and will be in the case first thing tomorrow morning!! I love to make pies...it's just very time consuming. I had quite a few other orders, today, so it was a little tricky trying to get everthing done...but I really wanted to make them!!! I, also LOVE to make bread...but that doesn't usually fit into my schedule, either. That's what happens when you go from doing something because you love it, to doing it for a living. It's no longer a hobby...there is a schedule to follow. I love what I do, and wouldn't change it for the world. Although, sometimes, I'd like to have some time for PIE (and bread, too...) Today, I had some time. Tomorrow, my customers will be happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment