Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, July 29, 2010

How important is creativity???

How important is creativity in your life? If I were to answer that question I'd have to say "very"!! I don't understand the phrase "think outside the box"...because I've never been in it. I don't like to be like anyone else...I like to drive the bandwagon...not jump on it!! It makes me sad when people don't have enough confidence in themselves to try something new! We all see the articles about "new" trends, "new" products, "new" businesses...but, more often than not, none of it is really "new" at all. It's just a safe re-invention of another persons idea. I love when we have our gingerbread house classes. Every year, without fail, there is someone (sometimes more than one someone...) who says they aren't creative...they sit and look at the "blank canvas" of gingerbread in front of them...afraid of making a mistake. I always tell those people...just start, trust yourself! You can't do anything that can't be changed...and, every year, without fail, each and every house is unique and special...there are NEVER two alike...and everyone leaves knowing that they ARE creative after all!!! It would be great if life worked that way too! Find your own path...and take your own risks. At the end of the day it is so much more rewarding to know that you're someone special, with great, original ideas..not just copying the guy next door..Try out those creativity muscles...and take my advise...make a gingerbread house! We have the classes scheduled for this year...give us a call and sign up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment