Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Catching up...

I am sorry I didn't write anything on here, yesterday. We had a very full day...we re-claimed the gardens, and it looks much better! I have to say, I knew it was dry...but I don't think I realized HOW dry! We pruned and pulled weeds most of the morning. I ran the sprinkler in one part of the yard while we worked in another part of the yard. once or twice, we would pull weeds after I'd already run the sprinkler and it was still dry when you looked at the soil clinging to the weeds!!! I just wish it would rain! I am not asking for this hurricane that's on it's way...but a little shower activity would be awesome!!! We also went to the antique malls that we didn't get to last Monday...nothing! I was disappointed in the lack of Fall and Halloween offerings...and there were an awful lot of "sales" going on...even 30% off in some of the booths...not sure what that means??????? Anyway...off to work! I realized, this past weekend, that the pumpkin goodies are, in fact, NOT too early...and that everyone is ready to eat pumpkin..anything!!! So I am going to go~~full steam ahead~~and bake pumpkin and apple goodies to my hearts content! If I ignore this horrible weather and this awful summer...it will go away!!! However, before I leave, I need to go out and WATER the container plants in the poolhouse......What will we do with all of the free time we will have when we don't have to water anymore??? Seriously.......

No comments:

Post a Comment