Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's all about the compromise......

I find myself torn, at this time of year. I am SO ready for Fall! I want this weather to go away!!! We spent hours and hours, yesterday, decorating the gift shop with the Halloween goodies. I am still expecting more Fall and Halloween merchandise...and, of course, the candy...always exciting!!! So, naturally my thoughts turn to Fall cooking and baking. I get very excited about apples and pumpkins etc. but I still want to make the most of what is available now...because before you know it I won't be able to work with the summer produce anymore. At the risk of sounding like I'm whining...I want to make apple stuff!!!! So...I find myself torn, at this time of year!!! Usually the answer to this problem is to sneak an apple or pumpkin treat in now and then...but still do what I can with peaches, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries. I, also, find that reading new cookbooks ABOUT Fall cooking and baking helps...this is one of the new ones from Gooseberry...(note to self...call and find out where the others that were supposed to be shipped at the beginning of the month are...) and I'm sure all of the magazines will be out any minute! In the meantime...you will be able to find a blueberry custard pie sitting happily next to an apple custard pie tomorrow in the bakery case! It's all about the compromise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment