Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, August 23, 2010

Me days...

This time last week I was up to my eyeballs in mess!! We talked about taking off for a "me" day, today...heading out to Lancaster or down into Bucks County...but they were calling for rain and it's still pretty warm...I will enjoy a day trip much more when the weather finally feels more like Fall. So, maybe a little antique shopping, and some time with my grandson...sounds like a "me" day without all of the car time!! I am a homebody at heart, anyway. I do enjoy going to other little shops, though, and we have our favorites! I always try to buy something...even though I have access to the same exact merchandise at wholesale prices..I think it is REALLY important to support the small, local business!! I know that, sometimes, it is easier or more convenient to shop on line...but the brick and mortar stores are giving back so much to their communities...and they represent someones (or multiple someones) lives and livings! I'm not saying don't ever shop on line...but go check out the local small businesses! They can (and, hopefully, do) give you an experience that you can't get on the computer. "Hi, what can I do for you?" "You have a great day!" "Is there anything I can help you with?" You won't get that on line...Not to mention the tremendous thought and hard work involved in running ANY small business...it's all in the details...and, if it's done right, you will have an experience that makes your day and  you will want to go back again and again! I have never had a mail-order-type business, but I'm sure no one in the warehouse is thinking about how the display will work, if the lighting is attractive, if the merchandise they are selecting will make you happy (not just sell..), if the store smells amazing when you walk in, if the backround music is pretty, if the bathrooms are clean, if the front garden needs to be weeded (which is on my list for tomorrow!!)...you get the idea! With all of this effort...you can be sure you are going to have a great time! The on line "stores" have their place and purpose...but we all need a "me" day, now and then...spend yours with a small business or two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment