Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of those days...

Did you ever have one of those days...(and you know, know from the very start, it's going to be one of "those") when you wish you could just go back to bed!! Have a do over!! Better yet...just skip it!!! Today was one of those. First, I would like to go on record as saying that I think rude, miserable people should stay home and not inflict themselves on others. That aside...we had a 200+ pound Halloween candy shipment delivered, today. My daughter answered the phone, a little after 10:00am, this morning. The man who would deliver this large order was asking for specific directions...he said he was on Rt. 29. We all assumed he was close by...(you know what they say about ass-u-me...) this was good news (the only good news of the day, by the way!!) because I have been a wreck about this delivery for weeks....there is a lot of chocolate...and it's hot!!!!!!!!! You get the picture! I thought if he was on his way, that would mean less time on the truck. This stuff is packed with some form of insulation...never the less...no matter how much you plan for the heat....I just don't think you can plan for this MUCH heat with any kind of guarantee for the safe arrival of candy....so less time on the truck would be good. Also, we would have time to get it all inside before the lunch service started. Well...we watched and waited...watched and waited...and then, about noon, when we are REALLY busy....here he comes!!! What a nightmare!!! Boxes and boxes of candy, piled everywhere!! I decided the solution to fixing my bad day was to price and put out all of this candy...I don't care that it is only September 1st....it made me feel better! So, tomorrow is a new day, and I get to start it looking at witch finger lollipops and little chocolate pumpkins (all in perfect shape, by the way...) and that makes me happy....of course, so would NOT having another day like today any time soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment