Welcome to Sweet Memories




Friday, September 24, 2010

Almost there...

We worked on the fireplace mantle in the main dining room yesterday. The theme is a "Witches Candy Store"...I have a little tweaking to do, but it will get there! We also put a bunch of dead branches and orange and purple lights on the ladder arbor inside the front door...it looks so cool! One of these days I want to serve with just the "decoration" lights on...no overhead lights! I always threaten this when we get the Christmas tree up in the dining room...it is so pretty when just those "extra" little lights are on...but I guess everyone wants to see their food so.... it's just an empty threat!! We used the dead branches from our parking lot "fallen tree trauma"on Monday...life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! If anyone would like some dead branches for your Halloween displays...please feel free to come and get them!! Free for the taking!!!The only project left to do is the front porch...but I flatly refuse to decorate it until this heat is over with once and for all!! I have a long baking list for today...and I have to spend a lot of energy trying to pretend it is NOT hot and humid....So I am heading off to work. Have a great Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment