Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, October 28, 2010

Apple Class....

The Apple Class, last night, was well attended!! The biggest one so far!! It was fun and we had some great recipes. We made a soup~zucchini-apple~ that would be a very nice addition to a Thanksgiving menu. We decided that the addition of leftover turkey would be really good, too! I also showed a recipe for a custard side dish with apples, leeks and cheddar cheese...another Thanksgiving possibility! Of course, all of the apple desserts have "The Holidays" written all over them!! I did a pumpkin pie bar for the pumpkin class and we did an apple pie bar last night...I told everyone not to mess around with a "real" pie...if you make bars, first of all they are easier...and then when everyone says "I would just like a sliver of each..." they can get a bar and you don't have to massacre your creation trying to cut "slivers"!!! Who says holiday cooking can't get a little easier?? This class was the last of the Fall schedule. Now we are on to gingerbread houses...next week AAAHHH!!!! It will be fine...once I start to unpack all of the amazing  new Christmas merchandise and get the shops, upstairs, all decorated, I will be in the mood for a little Christmas!! Today, however, I am off to work to bake witch fingers, broomsticks and mummy cookies...among MANY other things...The bakery has been CRAZY for weeks....I would say I dream of sugarplums...but it's really just sugar!! I blew through 40 pounds of flour, this week! When I start to make the gingerbread...it's going to be twice that...note to self...double the order for next week, and make sure to order a gallon of molasses!! 'Tis the season....and I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment