Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, October 11, 2010

Every light in the house is on....

This week we have our pumpkin class. I should be thinking pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin...but, unfortunately, that is not the case. I AM thinking about pumpkins...but I am also thinking about Christmas displays, orders that are still coming in, when I should change things around, gingerbread house classes, which design to do for the houses this year, the dinner we cater at the 1803 house and what to put on that menu....the list goes on and on. I think all of this contributes to my out-of-sorts mood this week. So, I have decided that I am going to sort through the Christmas I have in storage here at home so that I know exactly what I have. I am also going to finalize the pumpkin class so that I can stop thinking about it. I am going to make some notes and some lists, because that always makes me feel more organized, and then take a little time this afternoon to stop thinking all together!!! It will all get done...it always does...so it is pointless to get over-whelmed...but, sometimes, my best ideas and most creative thinking happens when I am swamped! Anyone who knows me knows that I do not relax well...and having a lot to do is OK with me. More often than not, I have well meaning customers who make "I feel sorry for you" faces because we work 6 days a week. It REALLY is OK. I wouldn't change a thing....really!! It's just that there are times when it would be nice to be able to turn some parts of my thought process off. Just leave one or two lights on...instead of the whole house!! I think I will go find a piece of paper and a pen...and get a little organized...that should do the trick!! Have a great ~relaxing~ day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment