Welcome to Sweet Memories




Saturday, October 23, 2010

Getting close....


I can't believe Halloween is only a week away!! It just goes SO fast!! I baked a whole bunch of Halloween goodies, again, yesterday...and have lots more on my list for this morning, but I am starting to get excited for the Christmas cookies! I made some of our "famous" chocolate dipped orange cookies, yesterday...they always show up in the bakery case for Christmas...but I thought the chocolate-orange combination worked for Halloween too! They are a customer favorite, so I don't think anyone will argue with me! I made pumpkin-pecan rugelach, too...again, more of a Christmas offering...but I put a Fall spin on it! I think I am, technically, cheating a little bit...but I am allowed, one of the perks of being the boss!! I think I will make another batch of Witch fingers and peanut butter mummies...and maybe some more "cutout" cookies, today. I would assume everyone is really in the spirit, now, so they should be in high demand...and I don't want to run out!! So...yesterday was "full moon"...enough said!! I thought this picture was appropriate...there are so many "witches" around when there is a full moon!! (maybe it wasn't enough said...just had to add a little more!!) It is supposed to be a beautiful day, today!! We have been very busy in the gift shop, but it is pretty funny to watch what is selling...still lots of Halloween, but with a healthy dose of Christmas mixed in! I was expecting more merchandise, this week, than we received. I am sure that means we will be bombarded this coming week!! Oh well...the Christmas candy order will be here soon...THAT is exciting!! This display does NOT look like this anymore!! The candy has been selling like crazy...which is awesome!!! However, I am really looking forward to making it look fantastic, again!! I have chocolate Santas, candy canes, lollipops, hot chocolate mixes...even chocolate advent calendars! I, also, have some more candles, kitchen goodies, gourds...the list goes on and on. I just hope it doesn't all come at once!! I am off to work...have a great Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment