Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mmmm...I smell pumpkin pie....

I have baked so many sweets this week, I think there is sugar in my veins...maybe a little butter, flour, eggs and throw in a little pumpkin for good measure!! There are moments in my day that I realize how lucky I am to have this business...I get to do what I love every single day! Of course there are days when I have to do stuff that I don't love very much...but that's the price you pay for the good parts!! There is nothing in the whole world that's better than the smell of pumpkin pie baking...unless it's in the oven with pumpkin bread at the same time!!! It was on the cool side, today, with a breeze blowing...add in the Fall color and the smells coming from the kitchen...all of that equals a good day!! The Christmas tree is decorated (just one of many more to come...) and it is all decked out in Old-fashioned ornaments. It looks really good! I have "themes" planned for all of the trees...I'm excited about getting the Christmas done. We have some great stuff this year...but I am also, thoroughly, enjoying this October. Such a strange life!! Exciting...but strange! We had Halloween AND Christmas merchandise selling, today...so I guess I'm not the only one who is trying to do ALL of the Holidays at the same time!! Stay tuned...I keep forgetting to take the camera with me, but I will try to remember, tomorrow, so that I can get some new pictures on here!! I will include one of the new fireplace and the Christmas tree...just in case you want a little taste of Christmas...it's just a little taste...it won't interfere with all of that Halloween candy you are going to sneak out of the kid's haul!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment