Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, October 7, 2010

Some time with my grandson....

The pool is closed. It is safely asleep until next year. It is, literally, the ONLY thing I don't like about Fall. Oh well. We had some time with my grandson, yesterday...he is getting so big! He will be 8 months old soon, and he is going to take off at a run any day! He loves my rubber spatulas and was very entertained with a coffee cup for quite a while...we have been Christmas shopping for toys, already, but I'm thinking that I should just give him cups and spatulas!! Oh...he was also interested in the cash register...it took about 3 seconds for him to learn which button to push to make the drawer open!! (a sign of things to come....) We put him in our huge mixing bowl and took a picture...I posted it on our facebook page and said "It's only a matter of time and I will be helping too..." this is going to be a fun Christmas!! I have been told that he will be a farm animal for Halloween...can't wait!!! He, also, discovered the glass fronted bakery case...it has a mirrored back, so the little ones discover, pretty quickly, that they can see themselves. They, also, enjoy licking the glass...of course at that age EVERYTHING goes in the mouth!! However from our viewpoint...it was very funny!!! We could watch in the mirror and he was "squishing" his mouth on the glass...it was a "funniest home video" moment!!! It really is amazing how time flies...it seems like yesterday that he was brand new... then you can't even remember what it was like before they were around!! This "Mom Mom" thing ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment