Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Believe in the magic....

OK...a few days ago I was on my soapbox (again) talking about The Scrooges out there. I have gotten down from the soapbox...but I haven't given up on the crusade! I have been watching my customers and listening to their comments and I have come to the conclusion that there are people who believe in the magic...and people who don't. Most people believe. I can tell because they are calling and asking about parties and special sweets orders....those are people who want to make someone happy...they believe! We are getting phone calls about certain special items in the gift shop...things to put the finishing touches on your decorations or celebrations...those are people who want everything to be perfect...they believe!! We have people who get lost in their thoughts while they are shopping...looking for a special gift for someone who is special to them....who are so excited with their finds and can't wait to surprise the recipient....they believe!!! Every once in a while, though, I hear "Oh...Christmas already...I'm not ready for this yet..." A non-believer!!! We stayed late at the shop tonight to cut out, bake off and assemble the gingerbread houses for class #2 tomorrow night. I listened to Christmas music all day, today....and when we got home the first thing I did was turn on all of the tree lights in the house!!! I believe in the magic and would like to help everyone else believe too!! Is there some part of the Holidays that stresses you out?? Is there some obligation that you dread?? If so....please tell me about it (either with a comment on here or on Sweet Memories facebook page..) I would like to see nothing but "jolly, happy souls" from now until Christmas....I have some great ideas for gift-giving, entertaining and just plain enjoying....It is possible to have a wonderful Christmas....You just have to believe in the Magic!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment