Welcome to Sweet Memories




Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Twas the night before Thanksgiving....and we got everything done! Our day started at the crack of dawn...but that early start was crucial to our success. 25 cakes, 14 pies, 8 cheesecakes and a mixed bag of various other goodies later and all that was left to do was wait for them to get picked up!!! Everyone respected my pick up time and came when they were supposed to.(The pick up time is between 2:00 and 5:00....at 1:59 I was finishing the last cake!!!) No one forgot, so no "reminder" calls had to be made. And the "icing on the cake"...we closed 20 minutes early so I could come home and do some of MY preparations. (I think it's funny~~ all of our hard work, all of the white boxes that left the shop today and I need to get up early tomorrow....I still have to bake OUR pies!!!)~~~ I started roasting only turkey breasts a few years ago. No one in our family is a dark meat fan, and roasting the whole bird was a waste. I have done the brine method before and decided to do it again this year. So I had to make the brine and submerge the turkey in it overnight. I bought a brine bag at the store...super easy!! They are HUGE and very sturdy. I wanted to add fresh herbs to the brine mixture....so there I am, in the dark, cutting herbs from my garden!!! I put rosemary, oregano, sage and thyme in the bag...added the salt, some sugar, onion, celery, peppercorns and water, rinsed the turkey off and put it in the bag, put the twist tie thing on it and put it on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator...easy!!! I will let you all know the result tomorrow night. In the meantime, I am beat and calling it a night!! From all of us at Sweet Memories....have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!! I would say don't eat too much....but that's the whole point of this Holiday....so go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment