Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Christmas....

It is, officially, Christmas in the gift shoppes at Sweet Memories!! We put in a twelve hour day creating a Christmas wonderland...and we are not done yet!! There is still merchandise to get out and still some more coming in!! But the hard work is done!! (And I am feeling it...) Most stores close for days to get this job done...but, because we are also a restaurant, we can't do that. I don't think I would want to anyway...We had another small problem because we are also a restaurant...we needed to un-decorate the fireplace mantle in the dining room and then, of course, re-decorate it...with what?? I am not ready to do the dining room for Christmas, yet...it's too early!! We opted for Thanksgiving...and it is REALLY pretty!! Then we had the hallway...again, not quite ready for all out Christmas (The front porch will wait a couple of weeks, too...) but where is the dividing line?? So the hallway is still Fall...beautiful wreaths for your front door to welcome your Thanksgiving guests!! It really looks good! I did prepare the "Candy Shop" for a little Christmas...because I am expecting the candy order any minute...but once that is all done, I don't think anyone will mind a little taste of Christmas while they eat their lunch!!! I have to go and Bake, bake, bake...we had a crazy "sugar" weekend...but I wouldn't expect anything less...it was Halloween after all!!! I have to get the gingerbread houses done today, too...our first class of the season is tomorrow night!! It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment