Welcome to Sweet Memories




Friday, November 26, 2010

Thansgiving memories...

So...Thanksgiving is a memory!! For us it is a "sweet" one!! It was a very nice day!! I had to start from scratch and make everything, including our pies...but it all got done! We had a lovely breakfast and then didn't eat until 5:30 (that way I had the oven all day and could get everything baked.) My husband got most of the Christmas lighting done...in the SNOW...that was an interesting twist!! It is his tradition to do all of the lighting on Thanksgiving morning. We were keeping an eye on the weather all last week because they were calling for rain, then they changed it and thought it would hold off until later in the day...then they changed it, again, and he was pretty sure he wasn't going to be able to do it. As soon as it got light, he went out and got started...hoping to, at least, get some of the lights up. Next thing you know...it's snowing!!! He still has some more he wants to do...but we did have some lights for Thanksgiving. It would have been heartbreaking to have a dark night!! We had our Grandson at the table for dinner. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't eat what we were eating...but that will have to wait for next year!! He had a long day and was very tired (and cranky) by night's end...but, then again, weren't we all!!! I had planned to write this last night, but I will be honest and tell you...I didn't have the energy!! We started to watch "Miracle on 34th Street"...but I fell asleep soon after the Thanksgiving parade part...which is at the beginning!! Oh well....good thing we have DVDs!!! I am off to work. I have a lot to do. The empty bakery case is calling me!! Have a great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment