Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where are you Christmas Candy?????..........

So...we are now in week three of waiting for the Christmas candy order. I put a delivery date on it that should have ensured it's arrival before Halloween. I have been patient...not a trait I usually possess...and I thought that, perhaps, the delay was caused by the very busy time of year we are in the midst of as we speak....as it turns out, the delay is because the order was not in the computer!!! I called my Rep this morning and told her that I still had not received my order and asked her to check on it for me. I guess she got a little huffy with the company because she called me back and she assured me it would be sent out tomorrow at the latest!! Now I am concerned that I am not going to get the whole order...that things will be gone...which would really make me angry! I did this "pre-book" in the time frame allotted, and then got the order in before it was due....and all of this happened so long ago that I can't even remember when I did it!!! The moral of this story is "no more Mrs. Nice Guy"...from now on I am going to be that squeaky wheel you have heard about!! When things don't go the way I think they should....someone is going to get a phone call!!! I spend my whole professional life being dependable and responsible....I wonder what would happen if I lost someones cake order??? Un-thinkable!! Yet....I just don't know!! I did, however, finally receive another order that I placed a long time ago....some of the cutest recipe cards EVER....and these "Thank You Notes" for kids....they just fill in the blanks on the cards. It's a great (and fun) way to teach them etiquette...Really cute!! Hey...maybe if we teach them early, they will be less likely to mess up an important order somewhere down the road!!! Tis the season to be jolly....I'll just keep singing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment