Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"After Christmas".....

So...Christmas is behind us. This can be a very depressing time of year. All the excitement leading up to the big day...and then it's over. Just like that. No more music...no more lights...no more decorations.How do you deal with that "after Christmas" feeling?? A few years ago, I decided to "extend the magic" by decorating with my snowmen. Up to that point I had always included my snowman collection with my Christmas decorations. I mixed Frosty in with Santa and made snowy scenes for Christmas. Then, one year, as I was taking everything down and packing it all away, I thought "this is stupid...it is so depressing to have the house empty after all of the Christmas stuff is put away...I am going to separate my collections and put the snowmen out after Christmas!!" So...that's what I do...and I have almost as much in that collection as I do in my Christmas collection. I, actually, look forward to decorating with them and that makes putting the Christmas things away easier to do!!! The transformation is on my agenda for this Monday.~~~ We went to look for the finishing touches to re-do the front porch at the shop. It looks so pretty all lit up at Christmas time...I hate to take everything down and leave it all...dark!!! We have a plan to make it winter-y/Valentine-y. The lights we got were not what I had planned...but I think it's going to work very nicely!! But...talk about depressing! Go and dig through the "after Christmas" piles of leftovers!!! Fight the other people who are looking for cheap stuff for next year!!! If that doesn't depress you...I don't know what will!!! We weren't looking for cheap...we just needed lights!!! But, now, I am looking forward to getting that job done and seeing what it looks like....as long as there is something to look forward to, the depression doesn't have a chance!! I spent most of the day, today, trying to get things organized in the gift shop. There is still some work to do, but I got quite a bit done. I have some great new merchandise on it's way, but I didn't want it too early...I need some time to make room and get everything the way I want it first...so that's what I'm doing right now. Oh....that "after Christmas" feeling....give me a couple of days and all will be right with the world again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment