Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, December 9, 2010

I still believe...

I don't have a whole lot of free time, this time of year...who does?? I mean it is Christmas!! I have been "surfing" on here a little bit, though...quickly reading some of the blogs I follow and reading facebook posts. It is really interesting to me how differently we all see this Holiday. I have seen some posts from Grinch, himself...and I have seen some posts that, surely, are from Santa's #1 elf. I have seen things written about how no one wants to bake...how tired everyone is of Christmas songs and movies...how they need to finish shopping or still need to get the decorating done. I have, also, read posts from people who are as excited as kids for this season!! As far as I'm concerned, Christmas is a state of mind...and, for me, it lasts at least the whole month of December...(and, truthfully, half of November!!) All those things that everyone is complaining about IS Christmas, to me! It would be sad if this only lasted one day. Christmas day, itself, is great. We spend time with our family and have all kinds of traditions...but the decorations and the smells, the lights and the music, the magic and the memories ARE Christmas....even the "sappy" movies and cartoon specials are important parts of the puzzle. I have a lot to get done, too....but I really hope and pray that I never get to the point where I feel like I don't want to do it...that it is nothing but a hassle...once that thought gets into your head, the magic is gone! I don't know about you....but I still believe. I believe that we can make a difference, I believe that making other people happy is the best gift you can give yourself and I believe that Christmas is more than just a day on the calendar. The magic is out there...and there is still time to find it! I am going to work and bake cookies...my grandmother's ginger cookies to be exact!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment