Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The snowflakes are falling....

The snowflakes are falling...the frost's in the air...but Christmas is coming so what do we care...kind Santa is knocking, perhaps you can hear...hang up every stocking and be of good cheer!!!~~~~My Mom Mom sang that song every time it snowed...and we had a little flurry activity, yesterday....just enough to be pretty~not enough to be a problem. That's the way I like it!! I ran into a friend of mine, yesterday...she said if it's going to be this cold she wants 3 feet of snow so she doesn't have to go to work. I said I wholeheartedly disagree. That would really mess up a lot of plans for a lot of people. The "party" season is in full swing this week...lots and lots of "big" reservations on the books....we are busy, busy, busy....PLEASE no weather concerns to mess that up for everyone....especially this weekend. We have a birthday party for a 5 year old on Saturday, and our Ladies Night Christmas party is Saturday night, too. They aren't calling for anything...let's just keep it that way until January~ We were on a mission, yesterday, to find a wreath for my front door. That, probably, sounds silly since I sell things like that in my gift shop! However, our front door faces South and we have a full-view glass storm door...it creates a "greenhouse" effect in between the doors that make decorations, such as berries, explode. When I am ordering the wreaths that will be for sale in the shop, I order the prettiest ones I can find...which usually means lots of decorations. You would think I would consider my own needs while I am at it...but I don't!! I have some really pretty things, at the shop right now, that I would love to be able to use...but they would just get ruined. I can't use a fresh one, either, because it would "cook" and all of the needles would fall off!! I, finally, found a plain, rather real, looking one with little pine cones. I added an ice skate filled with snowman faces and I will bring home a snowflake garland that I have at the shop, today. that will finish it off, nicely...and it can stay up for the whole Winter!! Job done. I also planted all of my paper white bulbs...another job done. I am going to work on my "kissing balls" tonight...I bought styrofoam balls at the craft store, but quickly realized that I should have gotten floral foam...it will be too much work just to get them done and have all of the greens fall out...I don't think so!! So...floral foam it is. I will update you on the progress of this project later...for now, have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment