Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Visions of sugar cookies dance in my head....

All of the shopping is done...we just have some wrapping to do. We shopped local, small businesses yesterday. I am very happy with the surprises I found for the kids and I was happy to keep my purchases right here in the "neighborhood"! Today is about the baking. Like many of you...I have to make Christmas cookies, today. I just have to do it in much larger quantities!!! This is going to be short and SWEET (get it??) but I did promise to try to keep up with my blog responsibilities!! I have a list of the cookies that need to get done today and the ones that need to get done tomorrow so that I can stay on schedule for all that I need to do on Thursday...wow, I am tired just thinking about it!! I have visions of...well not sugar plums...but sugar cookies dancing in my head. Santa, stockings, bells and trees....eggnog crescents, candy canes, snowballs...but, can I make a confession?? I, also, have visions of red hearts and raspberry filled cookies and heart shaped spritz...yes, OK...I'll admit it...even while I am baking beloved Christmas cookie recipes (most of which were my grandmother's...) I am thinking about Valentine's Day!!!! It really is no wonder I don't know what month we are in most of the time!!! Happy 4 more days until Christmas....maybe if I say it enough, I will remember which month this is!!! I am off to bake...Christmas, Christmas, Christmas....oh, wouldn't those checkerboard cookies be pretty in red and white?? Maybe a little pink....focus, focus, FOCUS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment