Welcome to Sweet Memories




Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!! Hello 2011....I am ready for a change. I love the Holidays, but I am ready for some "normalcy" again!! There is so much to do at the shop and here at home...packing and cleaning and re-decorating, but I am looking forward to it. I decided, just this once anyway, to give myself a break and get it all done in good time...instead of trying to do it all at once and exhaust myself!! I need organization and routine back in my life. That is what the new year is all about, after all...cleaning out and freshening up...Right?? I have some great new merchandise on it's way...and I am really looking forward to re-doing the shops upstairs. I decided, since we have made a total commitment to the Byer's Choice Carolers, that the middle room will stay "Christmas" year round. It's silly not to acknowledge the fact that most of the line is, in fact, Christmas. There are quite a few "everyday" or other holiday pieces, too...but the Carolers will always be associated with Christmas. I sell Christmas year round, anyway...Jim Shore and the collectibles that we keep in our "Doctor's cabinet" at the top of the stairs (a great antique piece that was, actually, a cabinet in a doctors office..) sell all year long. There is something exciting about walking into a room, that is decorated for Christmas, in the summer time!!! There is plenty of great non-Christmas merchandise in the rest of the gift shop...but if you love the Holidays, or are a serious collector, you will be able to shop "off season" when the pressure is off!!! In the meantime, we have had some expected merchandise start to show up (of course, it wasn't expected until the end of January....) some of it is garden related...some of it is Easter....and the ride starts all over again!!! But, you know what?? I wouldn't change a thing!!! I think the promise of Spring and thoughts of chicks and bunnies is a great start to a great New Year....don't you???

No comments:

Post a Comment