Welcome to Sweet Memories




Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy weather.....

Today's weather just made you happy!! Was it still chilly...yes. And a bit windy...yes. But the sun is different. I don't know if you know what I mean...but the intensity changes as we get closer to "Spring". The light is "happier"!!! Anyone who has lived in this area for any length of time knows that March (and April, too, for that matter...) can be fickle. One day it's in the 50's...the next day it's in the 30's. And we can't rule out the "S" word....shhhh....don't say it!! But if we do see anymore of the "S" word, it will not stick around for long because the sun is different!!! That's why today was happy!!! Get it??~~~~ I went in to work early this morning and finished putting the big Easter order away. It looks great and I am so thrilled with this merchandise!! I won't say anymore until I can get pictures on here...it's just too cruel to tease you like that!!!~~~~ Big, big bakery day (which I love...) the goodies were flying out the door!!! But I had something happen that has NEVER happened before. I finished a batch of chocolate cupcakes with caramel buttercream icing and then topped them with chopped milkyway bars. I put them in the back on the rack waiting to replace the pies...which were disappearing quickly!!! I went back in the kitchen to put a few more things together. A little while later, I went into the back to get something and half the tray was gone!!! I asked where the cupcakes had gotten to...expecting to be told that they were needed to fill a void in the case...instead I was told that they had sold!!! I said "how...they weren't in the case???".... I'm still not sure how the customers knew they were there...but then a little while later I, again, went into the back and now there was only 1 left!!!! Ummmm....someone else came in and asked if we had cupcakes and took all but one!!! THAT has never happened before!!! Needless to say...I am making more cupcakes tomorrow!!! Too funny!!! Have a great night everyone...and pay attention to the "happy light"...you'll see what I mean!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment