Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Eggs....

Hippity, Hoppity Easter's on it's way....So, I made peanut butter eggs today!! Once upon a time...long, long ago (when I had a little more time) I used to make all of the Easter candy at our house. I made peanut butter, butter cream, coconut and peanut rolled eggs. I made "molded" chocolates, too....bunnies and chicks, big and little...it was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it!! However it is also VERY time consuming!!! So, now, I feel really good about just getting SOMETHING homemade done for the Easter basket (a big shared one...my kids aren't little anymore and my Grandson is TOO little for a bunch of candy....but, it's just not Easter without an Easter basket!!!!) so, today I made the peanut butter eggs. I made a really big batch so there would be some to put in the case as well as enough for me to take home. I dipped some in milk chocolate and then dipped some in white chocolate (if you have never tried this combination....you should!!!) Then I did some...are you ready for this???....in milk chocolate, sprinkled them with rice krispies (while they were still "wet"...) then dipped them again!!!! (This stuff comes to me in the night....it's a little scary!) I am passing this information along so that all of you who make homemade peanut butter eggs can try it!! Something a little different....and, for all of you who do not make homemade peanut butter eggs...they will be in the bakery case in the morning....and while supplies last!!!! Have a great night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment