Welcome to Sweet Memories




Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ready for Easter.....

I love pansies. I love just about every flower....but I really love pansies. I planted some more, this afternoon, at the shop...we are all ready for Easter. Some of my daffodils are already fading...that doesn't, usually, happen before Easter!! It is so late, this year...and I just realized HOW late!!! Are you aware that there is only one weekend between Easter and Mother's Day??? Two very big (and busy) Holiday celebrations at the shop!!!! Oh my...May is going to be a blur....just like April was!!! (Isn't it funny...we felt like the Winter would never end...and we are almost through the month of April, already!!!!) I have so many orders for Easter again this year....mostly coconut cream cake!!! We have been booked for orders for Friday AND Saturday for a week and a half....I try not to do it...I don't want to say "no" to anyone...but I do all of the baking and I know I have limits!!! We have had some people hang up on us, the last two days, when we told them we couldn't take any more orders...most of the calls have been from very sweet, understanding (although, I think still disappointed ) people who "get it" and appreciate the way I do things....glad that I make everything from scratch and take the time I need to make it all, truly "homemade", but you always have to have a few....oh well...I know I am doing the very best I can!! It is going to be a long couple of days and mean a lot of hours, but knowing that we are going to be a part of so many Easter celebrations is pretty cool!!! I am heading to bed to try to "rest up" for the remaining week....have a great night!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment