Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home.....

Home sweet home....where I like to spend my time off. This is the other conversation that I find myself having all the time!!! Lots and lots of concerned and well-meaning customers try to tell me that we need to take a vacation. I had this conversation, again, the other night...and, actually, I had it today, too....It starts out innocently enough with the question...."Do you ever take any time off?"....If I make the mistake of answering that question with a "no"....I am in big trouble!!! The truth of the matter is that we are not all the same as far as our opinion of "vacation" time goes. The bottom line is if you own your own business...and it is successful....you just don't get to "go away". The upside to this...you own a successful business!!! I am OK with this. I made the choice....many, many years ago to work for myself. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Do we work long hours....yes. Do we work hard....yes. But it is all our choice. I don't have "sick days"...I don't have "vacation" days....we don't get paid for time off. We do have the last word, the final decision....the pay off if it all goes well. We also have the satisfaction of knowing that we are in charge....and that includes deciding when we are closed!!! I don't need a beach, I don't need a spa, I don't want to ski or go boating....I don't even want too many days in a row with nothing to do. I love my job, I love my yard and home and I love having a day, every now and then, to kick back and enjoy what I have worked so hard to achieve. I am good. If you are one of those people who think we need some time off....thanks...really....but I'll just take a little "home sweet home" and I'll be fine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment