Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, May 12, 2011

Humpty Dumpty and the cake class...

I start every day with a list. Before I even open my eyes I am thinking about what I need to get done and the most efficient way in which to do it. It is very unusual that I "stop"...let alone sit down...and that is OK with me. I enjoy being busy, I thrive on a full schedule, I'm not very good at relaxing, and I do some of my best work under pressure. I must say, though, that yesterday....I felt a little like Humpty here!!! We had our "Cake decorating 101" class, last night, and it's the first time I did a class like this one. Everyone had their own cake and I gave a few demonstrations ...and then let them decorate away!!! I am thrilled with how well they all did... and everyone seemed to have a good time!!! However... I was still "prepping" when they were all sitting, waiting for me!!! Oh my....my "type A" nightmares playing out right before my eyes!!! You know the ones...you are late, miss the bus, can't find your homework or open your locker (I had these when I was in school ALL the time!!!) now, though, I run out of coconut, can't get to the oven... you get the idea!!! Luckily...we had the "picnic" supper all ready, so I told them to go ahead and help themselves...that they would be more creative after they ate!!! That bought me just enough time to finish the prep work!!! I made more buttercream icing, yesterday, than I did when I used to make wedding cakes!!!! Cake, cake everywhere....and what a great job they all did!!! I think I see another cake decorating class in our future!!! Maybe a theme...or a Holiday....Halloween would be fun!!! In the meantime...I am happy to report that I slept without any dreams of missing coconut ....so, although I felt like Humpty, I didn't, actually, fall....just a little wobble!!! Go out and have a sweet day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment