Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, May 16, 2011

What's in a name.....

We're getting there....but it sure would be nice if Mother Nature would cooperate....whenever I have a little time (and it is always a LITTLE time ....) to work in our gardens...it's raining!!! Here we are...Monday morning....and it's miserable, again!!! Well, let's face it...none of us are made of sugar (although I sure am covered in it enough..Hahaha...) So a little rain won't make me melt....you gotta do what you gotta do!!! ~~~ Crazy busy week and weekend...it was a slightly condensed version of Mother's Day...love it!!! When we are really busy it makes me feel like we are doing something right...maybe even more than one something!!!! I had several interesting conversations this weekend. First...I had a conversation with a couple of young ladies about our identity. This is one we have had many times. It usually starts with "Do you consider yourself to be a Tea Room"....the answer "No"....I don't want to be a Tea Room for multiple reasons....I don't like the image for one thing. I have a tendency not to do things the way everyone else does...I make my own rules...and there are defined rules in a Tea Room...not my thing. (This is not to say I don't like Tea Parties....because they are just whimsical enough to interest me...) I am getting off track...the reason I brought this up is because the next question is, usually, "well....what would you call yourself?" I would like to answer that with "so unique there is no name"....but I don't want to put anyone off and that does come across a little pompous....which I am NOT!!! I think we need to come up with a good answer to this question.... any thoughts??? I told them if they came up with anything...to let me know!!! I saw a reference a while ago that I really liked....someone referred to a bakery as a "boutique bakery"...I thought that was very apt....maybe we should call ourselves a "Boutique Eatery, Bakery and Gift Shoppe"....what do you think???? Go out there and make it a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment