Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, June 30, 2011

Be careful what you wish for.....

We have birds in, literally, every birdhouse on our property. We were sitting out on our patio, having dinner, watching them all come and go....stopping at the feeders to have some dinner of their own!!! Every time I walk past any of the houses I can hear all of the baby birds carrying on inside...waiting for someone to bring them something to eat!! When we bought our house~~almost 26 years ago~~ There were no plants, no trees, no nothing!! I was determined to create a sanctuary....not only for us, but for the wildlife as well....I think I have been successful!!! Of course....this comes with a price. I can't have tulips in my gardens....and they are my favorite Spring flower....because the chipmunks dig up and eat the bulbs. We have a blue heron who glides...not flies....GLIDES over our house all the time and, occasionally, stops off in the open field next to our house where we can get a good look at him!!! Last Summer he helped himself to every single fish in our pond!!! We have deer who come into our driveway....and we know this because we can see their prints in the snow in the Winter....they are rather fond of our apple trees and the squirrels ate all of my peaches, last year!!! There is no place in the world that I would rather spend my time than in our gardens.....but, the moral of the story???? Be careful what you wish for!!!! :) :) :) Have a great night!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish for lunch at Sweet Memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....I think you got your wish!!!! Happy Birthday!!! :0

    ReplyDelete