Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Road Trip......

Are you noticing a trend? It has been a week ....AGAIN..... since my last blog. I am so sorry!! I don't know where the days go....~~~ So, Happy Summer!!! Today is the Summer Solstice....longest day of the year....and, tonight at midnight, is the best time to see the fairies!! They come out and celebrate on the first day of Summer!! If you don't know what to do with yourself at Midnight....I suggest you plan a party for the fairies. They will spend the Summer watching over your garden and making sure that all is well...I think it's the least you can do!!! ~~~ So, yesterday we went out to Carlisle PA. and visited our youngest daughter in her part time home away from home....or part time adopted home...depending on how you look at it!! While we were out there we wanted to visit Meadowbrooke Gourds....the birthplace....literally....of all of the gourd birdhouses and Holiday gourd creations that we carry in our gift shop. We were very excited to go...and when we got there...realized they are closed on Monday!!!! Now, I can't say too much about this subject since we are, also, closed on Monday....but to say I was disappointed would be an understatement!! However, one of the sweet and wonderful ladies that work there saw us on the porch...opened up and invited us in to browse and shop!!! I, already, had a very high opinion of this company.....but it's even higher now!!! Their retail area is set up so nicely....and they have wonderful merchandise!! We were surrounded by fields full of gourd plants....and you really understood how much time and work goes into each thing they create!! It was a great time....and I am planning, as we speak, what new pieces to get in for the Fall and Christmas season!! If you don't have anything in your home or yard from this exceptional company....come in to Sweet Memories and get something soon....you won't be disappointed....I know I wasn't!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment