Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, August 29, 2011

One AWFUL week.....

Well....we survived. The week started with an earthquake and ended with a hurricane...I am elated to see the backside of it. I learned a few things, this week. There are people in this world who are able to cope with stress....and there are people who are not. There are people who take things as they come and try to deal with whatever life throws at them....and there are people who freak out when "disasters" happen. There are people who listen and heed warnings....and people who do not...and people who take everything WAY too literally! I am a responsible person....I always have been. I take all of my responsibilities very seriously....and, on more than one occasion, I have been put in a situation where I need to take other peoples responsibilities seriously, too. It's the fate of people like me....we are asked to do things that are not, and should not, be our problem. I have been dealing with that, almost, all of my life. I am used to it. I must say, however, recently I have been tested in all kinds of new ways. When my shop is full of people....my responsibilities are to keep them cool (or warm) fed and safe. Usually the "safe" part means nothing on the floor to trip anyone, no wet floors to slip on, no snow or ice on the sidewalks....you know, the usual stuff. However....in the relatively recent past....I have been, unwillingly, handed the responsibility of keeping a building full of people safe during tornado watches, snowstorms, bank robberies and now we can add earthquakes and hurricanes to the list. I am pretty good at handling whatever life throws my way....but, I think enough is enough. Is it asking too much to have some nice, peaceful days....the kind when my biggest concern is what kind of cookies to bake and what kind of cakes to put in the case??? I think not. I would like to bid a fond farewell to the month of August....and state, for the record, that I hope September is better. No more floods, power outages, high winds, earthquakes or tornado warnings....right now...I just want to look forward to my Halloween Candy arriving.......

No comments:

Post a Comment