Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let's catch up!!.......

It has been too long....and I want to apologize!! I didn't mean to fall behind on my blogging....but life just took too much of my time!! But I think the gardening season is, officially, over....not because we have had any frost....but because it has just rained and rained and rained....and EVERYTHING is just water soaked....including me!!! I don't even want to be outside....not only because everything looks SO SAD...but because we have been dealing with July-like humidity for what seems like weeks....and, frankly, it's gross!!! So...the point I am making....I should be able to get back on track with my blog!!~~ So...let's catch up!!! We are all ready for Halloween....both at the shop and at home!! This Saturday is our first annual "1803 House: A Very Merrie Halloween" event.....I cannot believe how quickly time flew and that it's here already!!! We are all excited and looking forward to it...and dealing with all of those last minute things, too.....but I am sure it's gonna be GREAT!!!! Last night was the first class in our Fall schedule....I can't believe how quickly THAT went, either!!! It seems like I just wrote that school was out for Summer!!!! The class was the biggest one yet....and we did pumpkins and apples. It was a lot of fun!! We made pumpkin lasagna, pumpkin biscuits, a creamy apple salad, apple cake with butterscotch sauce, pumpkin gingerbread trifle and hot caramel apple cider. I think everyone was FULL when the class was over :) the next one is Halloween Treats.....and I already know what we are making....that's a HUGE accomplishment for me!! (Especially with all the rest of what I've got going on!!!) I have been slacking on the picture taking as well as the blogging....but I am going to try to get caught up on that, too. I am going to get lots of pictures of this event on Saturday....and I will get some of all of the Halloween decorations that we have been working on....both at the shop and at home. I want to take one of the front porch here at home....we lit it up this year!!! Grapevine, bittersweet and corn stalks....and orange lights!!! It looks so cool!!! I will get back on track...I promise!!! But, for now......I think we are all caught up!!! You guys have a great night....and, if you are locals....be sure to stop in and see us soon.....especially if you love Halloween. We have the BEST stuff EVER!! And be sure to come and check out our event on Saturday....we will be the ones selling the Witches Fingers.....cookies!!! Hahahaha.....what did you think I meant??????  :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment