Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, October 20, 2011

Living in the moment.....sort of!!!

OK....So, Monday, I was really sad and disappointed. We had a particularly unsavory event happen in our family.....and it was a bit of an emotional drain. So we decided to spend a little "me" time in a neighboring, historic town. It was a beautiful Fall day (and we haven't had too many of those...) and we thought we would enjoy the afternoon and take a break from all that had happened Monday morning. Now.....I am an avid collector of Halloween....and I am ALSO a retailer....which means I have access to everything that is on the market....however, I believe that it is very important to support small businesses....so I try to buy things from other retailers whenever I can....well....not on Monday!!! Fall and Halloween were practically non-existent....it seems that everyone has moved on....to Christmas....and we haven't even gotten to Halloween yet!! I know that we are all used to this in the big box stores.....they are all trying to get your money before the next guy does.....but, us small independents are supposed to be above that!!! We are the antithesis of the big box stores.....unique selection of merchandise, better quality, terrific customer relations....and the over all feeling of having the customers best interest at heart!! Well....I wanted to see Fall and Halloween!!!! I don't feel that my interests were taken into consideration at all!!! We went home...not only in a "funk" from the mornings events.....but, perhaps more so....because of the afternoon's events!!! We discussed....all the way home....how very wrong it all was....and I renewed my vow to live in the moment and enjoy what was left of October....and I swore I was NOT going to rush....and ruin.... the Christmas season just for monetary gain...... Guess who woke up at 3 o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep.....because they were thinking about how they were going to set up the gift shop for CHRISTMAS!!!!! Hey....I'm still not going to DO anything until AFTER Halloween.....but I have to be organized.....or the big box mentality will squish me like a grape....or should I say sugarplum?????? Have a great night!!  :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment