Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, November 7, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Halloween.....

Well....I spent the day saying "goodbye for now....see you next year" to all of my beloved Fall and Halloween collections. It took me the better part of the day and I am exhausted.....but I know that all of my things are safe and sound and I look forward to seeing them again next year!!! It really did seem to go VERY quickly....but then, it always does!! It takes me a whole day....literally...to unpack and decorate for Halloween. We do it early....the very beginning of September....so that we have more time to enjoy it. It still seems like we just did it, though....and it is hard to believe that it's all put away already!!! Next Monday.....It's time for Christmas.....


A few years ago I took a poll in the family and asked if anyone would object to Santa Claus spending Thanksgiving with us....they all said "no"....so he does!! Unpacking and decorating for Christmas is just as big....maybe even a little bigger....project than Halloween....and during November and December there is SO much going on at the shop....we just don't have a lot of time to spend at home. Our Collections for Christmas mean so much to us....we want to get to enjoy them as much as possible....so this works for us. I realize that the "retail world" has rushed Christmas so much that most people resent it "showing up" before Thanksgiving....but, in our house, it shows up for all of the right reasons. We love the Holidays....and want to enjoy them....no other agenda....just the memories and family time connected to each piece and ornament. There is such a thrill when we come home and turn all of our lights on and have the opportunity to look at, remember and enjoy each special piece....it would just be a shame if that only lasted a few weeks. So....by all means.....put out your turkeys, pilgrims and Fall leaves.....just don't judge me because I invited Santa for Thanksgiving!!!! It's really all about the Family time and being happy, after all.....and it just doesn't get any happier than Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment