Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, March 19, 2012

Smell the roses.....

So....how about this crazy March weather??? It was still light when we got home from work, last night....the ONLY good thing about that stupid "Spring ahead" thing...so we took a little walk around to see what was happening. I will tell you what's happening....Mother Nature has a HUGE head start!!! Not only are we weeks ahead, as far as budding and blooming....but I feel like I am weeks BEHIND because there is so much Spring clean up to do. I have somewhere I have to be, today....and we are making it a much needed and deserved "break" day.....but I am going to have to kick it up after this!!! I can't wait until this (picture) is what I see when I get home from work. Not only because I love when it looks like this.....but because it will mean that I have "caught up"!!!! This feeling of lagging behind is sort of like that dream of not having a #2 pencil when you are taking the SATs......hahahaha....oh well! This is supposed to be my hobby.....I guess I shouldn't get myself all worked up. Unfortunately.....that is not how I am wired ;) !!!! Everyone who sees my gardens...or pictures of my gardens...always asks me if I have/take time to enjoy them. I always answer that question with absolutely!!! It's just that I ENJOY working in them....I don't need to sit to enjoy!! I can smell the roses....while I am pruning them!!! It's what makes me happy!! So...go out there and make this a great Monday, everybody.....take time to smell the roses....well...the daffodils anyway....and do it in the way that makes YOU happy!!!!  :):):)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just love it! What a gorgeous garden!
    I bought my seeds on Saturday, and have been digging around in the dirt and prepping the beds and pots for the spring. I am so tempted to pull the geraniums out of the cellar, but it really is too early for them. I just watered them a bit. I think I am going to give it a couple more weeks though. You know how it is, things can change. When I was little, It snowed three feet one Easter. I don't' think that will happen this year, but you never know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Violet!! I agree....as tempting as it is to get started....better safe than sorry!! I don't think we are going to get any snow....or even any deep freezes....but too cold can hurt "our babies" so....we wait!! It's a good thing it's too early at this house....we have a TON of clean up to do!!! :)

    ReplyDelete