Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, April 19, 2012

Accumulating.....and proud of it!!!!

Good Morning!! Just a quick thought. At the moment...I am "covering" the gift shop on Wednesday....soon my niece....who teaches at a pre-school...will be "off" for the Summer and she will take over. I spend the day....on Wednesday....changing displays, re-arranging merchandise, looking at new merchandise options, pricing new things....if they happen to come in....and listening to the customers who come up to shop. For the most part....what I am hearing is "ohhh....that is SO cute" and "Oh, look at this..." that is a good thing. I get a lot....and I mean a lot...of compliments on the merchandise that we carry and the way it is all displayed. This makes me happy. It is always nice to know that you are appreciated. And....most of the time....everyone finds something that makes them smile...and that is wonderful! It is, after all, what we are here for. But (you knew it was coming....) sometimes I hear people talk about how they don't decorate for Holidays, anymore....too much work. Or, occasionally, I hear them say that they have given all of their things away....because they don't want to dust....(this statement is usually followed with how much they would hate to dust our shop.....no comment!! ) this makes me sad. Well....to be honest....my first reaction is usually "then why did you come up here...." If you don't want anymore "stuff" (their words...NOT mine!!!) then why did you decide to visit a gift shop?? But, once I get past that....it makes me sad. I LOVE my stuff. All of it. It is part of who I am. I love my Holiday collections, my handmade quilts, my pictures, my books, the special coffee cup I use every morning....all of those things make me smile....and make my house a home. We all have to dust....no matter WHAT you have in your "nest"....dusting the "stuff" you love makes it a little more enjoyable!! I say.....treat yourself.....buy a few more things that make you happy and make your home a cozy, comforting place to be....(and I am NOT just saying that because I own a gift shop!!!) Accumulators of the world.....Unite!!! I think I'll start a new collection!!!!!!!!!!  :):):)

2 comments:

  1. I just love to collect stuff. I am the duster around here and it makes me happy to see all of the stuff. I was so lucky to add to my collection of My Little Kitchen Fairies from your wonderful shop. I so wanted to win the lottery so I could come back and visit and buy all of the stuff I see on FB and have it shipped home LOL. But I didn't win but that is my goal. Dust here I come so look out. Sandy, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.....GLAD to hear it!! Every time I hear someone say that all I can think of is.....how sad it must be for them to go home. I LOVE all of my collections and they make me happy....and make me happy to be home....isn't that what it's all about???? Dust....bring it!!! :):):):) As for the Holidays being too much "work"....well, that just makes me feel sorry for them....oh well....we aren't all the same....and that's what makes the world go 'round!!!!

    ReplyDelete