Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, August 20, 2012

Strange thoughts......

Exactly 2 weeks ago, today, I decided I had had enough of the Summer of 2012 and turned the front room of our upstairs gift shop into Halloween Heaven. We have spent the last two weeks tweaking and fluffing....and we are, almost, done. I still have to decorate the fireplace mantle in the restaurant dining room and the steps leading up to our gift shops. And, of course, the front porch will need to be done....and the all important (and much anticipated...) CANDY is on it's way....but, it is still August....so we are not quite up to them....yet!!!! We have, also, been very....very busy....very....and, to be honest...I am whipped!! Good whipped....not complaining about being busy....just saying!! So....what I am about to tell you should come as something of a surprise. I have spent some time thinking about "being bigger"! I have SO many people tell me that we need to expand....or that we are ALWAYS full and they can never get a reservation...I have people...well....whine....because I am "booked" with orders and no, I can't do "just one more cake". I, also, have people who would like me to open another "branch" in....well, let's see....EVERYWHERE. Don't misunderstand....I am not making light of any of these things....in fact...I have given ALL of it a lot of thought. I have thought about what it would be like if money were no object....all of the different shops and businesses I would open. I have an image in my head of the PERFECT General Store....the one with a little bit of EVERYTHING....I think about how I would set up the perfect country store....what merchandise I would carry...and, sometimes, I think about how I would expand the "food" side of things....what I wish I had room to do!!! But....the fact is....money IS an object...and I am a control freak. So....for now....I am going to continue to give 100% to everything I do....and stay true to what and who we are. I think that's one of the secrets to our success....because as tempting as it is to be a little bit of everything....it's better to be 100%....you. But.....if that ship ever does come in....or we win the lottery (which I don't play so the likelihood of that happening is not good....) LOOK OUT!!!! Now....let's see....we will need a good name.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment