Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, October 22, 2012

Christmas on my mind!!

Is anyone else thinking about Christmas?? I mean....part of it is because I HAVE to....it's part of my job!! Heck....I start to think about it in March!! And I have all of that covered. I have the boxes and boxes of new merchandise all sorted out....I know which room of the gift shop all of it belongs in...I know what "theme" I am going to decorate each room in...and I have a game plan for the "switching" over. I WILL leave the Halloween in place....so that you will, actually, be able to SEE Halloween ON Halloween....a strange and foreign idea, I know.....but, of course, Halloween falls in the middle of the week...so the transformation will have to be a little bit of a process and a little less "magic"....but there's nothing I can do about that!! But what I am REALLY talking about is the Christmas that happens in my "real" life. I have been giving it a lot of thought. I know what I want to do outside (on my new porch:)) and I have already started to buy the lights!! Under normal circumstances I am a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl. Some of my very best ideas come to be when I am under a lot of pressure!! Planning this far ahead is NOT how I usually fly!! But....I have a whole bunch of ideas written down in my "little book" and cannot wait to get started!! I have to keep telling myself that we haven't even had Halloween yet....and to slow it down....but I am READY!! We have our last class (other than the gingerbread house classes) of the Fall line up Wednesday night. It is a workshop more than a traditional class....we will be decorating cookies....learning all kinds of fun techniques for turning cutout sugar cookies into works of art!! And....like the last class where we learned all kinds of fun ways to decorate cupcakes...this one will be a "mixed Holiday" celebration!! Yes...that's right....I will be making half of the cookies, that my "students" will be decorating, CHRISTMAS shapes!!! Hahaha....I told you I had it on my mind!! Hey....the other half will be Fall and Halloween!! It's going to be a lot of fun...and, with any luck, it will be "enough" Christmas to keep me happy....at least for now!! Oh....I just had a great idea....I think I will play some Christmas music while we create!!! Heeheehee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment