Welcome to Sweet Memories




Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trying to be patient....really!!

"Patience is a Virtue"....I know....just not one of  mine!!

Actually, that is not entirely true. I have all of the patience in the world when it comes to baking and cooking. I teach cooking classes...patience is required!! I absolutely LOVE to make gingerbread houses...and THAT takes patience!! I am an avid gardener....and gardening IS patience!! Waiting for seeds to come up....flowers to bloom....pumpkins to get big and tomatoes to turn red enough to grab before the chipmunks do!!!

But....once I get an idea in my head...I want it done YESTERDAY!!!

I have been kicking around the whole re-decorating of the shop for quite some time. Should I or shouldn't I...etc. etc.! But...once I made up my mind that it was going to happen...once I had the finished picture in my head...I wanted to do it immediately!! No patience!!

So...we go and buy the paint. Order the glass tops for the tables in the "red" dining room. Discuss our plans for the chandelier in the "yellow" dining room...and go to the fabric store for the material I need to create all new window treatments....exciting!!! Until we get there...and walk around and around and around....nothing!! Well....that's not true....I found the fabric, and already finished the curtains, for the "red" dining room. It's the 4 HUGE windows in the front room that I was having a problem with. I had a vision....knew exactly what I wanted...but, alas, it was not to be found!! Now that was, almost, 2 weeks ago. I spent a good chunk of my one and only day off, this week, driving all over the place looking for fabric!! All for naught....it was a very annoying experience...made significantly worse because....I have no patience!!

Now....because I am a small "brick and mortar" store...I would have preferred to purchase the fabric at a local establishment....however....I had to go where everyone has to go when all else fails....to the internet!! I found....and ordered....the fabric that I need to create my new (and much anticipated) window treatments. That was on Monday....now I am waiting...the 2-3 business days...for my order to arrive. I am trying to be patient....really I am....but the excitement of how wonderful the windows are going to look...is killing me!! The irony here is that I am going to receive the fabric order in the middle of the busiest part of the week...so I won't be able to make the curtains until Monday, anyway!! Again....with the patience!!

Will it all be worth it in the end....yes, yes, yes!!! Does that make any of this any better??? Nope!! Hahahaha!!! Oh well....I am trying to be patient. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment