Welcome to Sweet Memories




Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ready or not......

Ready or not....here it comes!! Autumn is on it's way!! And....I had nothing to do with it!! This plant is an AUTUMN clematis...I have two of them. They are a little unusual, as far as clematis goes, in that they bloom late in the season....in the "Autumn"....usually in September. Both of my plants are, happily, setting buds....it will not be long now.

Since we have started getting ready for the Fall and Halloween season, at the shop, I have heard wonderful things!! Lots and lots of you, my customers and friends, are "Autumn" fans!! You get excited about decorating your homes and enjoying all there is to enjoy in this season!! We, also, have a HUGE group of you who adore Halloween and are avid collectors....of course YOU can't wait for us to get ready in the gift shops...and that is evident almost immediately!!

But....as is the way of the world....there are always a few who say "already????"....like this comes as some sort of surprise....or like I am the one in control of ending the Summer simply by changing the merchandise in the gift shops!!! I am NOT the one making these changes....look around!! The burning bushes are all getting color, the sycamore trees are starting to get that dusky look...actually, if you look for it, some of the maple trees are starting to get some color!! Anyone with apple trees knows that Fall is right around the corner...and, before too long, my front entrance will look like this picture!!

If all of these signs have, somehow, escaped your notice (perhaps the word denial could be used here....) once those big yellow school buses start to roll....there is no turning back! Which brings me to my point. Usually, around this time, the classes at Sweet Memories start to get a lot of attention, too. The phone starts to ring off the hook, I get a ton of messages and questions on Facebook....I get stopped in the street....OK THAT one is a slight exaggeration....but, inquiring minds want to know.

Here it goes....I am not going to have the "normal" Fall schedule.~~~Sorry. The fact of the matter is...there just are not enough hours in the day. Between the gift shop and the baking, the 1803 House event, decorating the shop, decorating my home, the gingerbread house classes, some really cool special events that we have planned (stay tuned....but let's just say...let everyone else have their "open houses"...we are going to have a PARTY!!!!!!!!!) Thanksgiving, Christmas.....well....like I said...not enough time for everything. So...I decided to wait until after the Holidays and schedule the classes in January, February and March. Not so much going on....so I can give them...and all of you...my undivided attention!! We ARE doing the gingerbread house classes (and, actually, with this set up, I can add an extra one....so more of you will be able to join us!!) and the "Haunted Gingerbread House" class is, already, scheduled!! Give us a call for more details and to get signed up!!  

I am in the process of figuring out what I want to "teach"....so please feel free to make suggestions!!

I know, sometimes, change can be "upsetting"....but it is inevitable. This particular change... I AM in control of...but, trust me, it is for the best!!

In the meantime....come in and see us, sign up for the gingerbread house classes and enjoy all that Autumn has to offer....because, before you know it...January will be here...and "school" will be in session!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment