Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, October 21, 2013

Pumpkin Addictions.....

Well....it's FINALLY feeling like Fall around here!! It's finally looking like it, too. The weatherman said...a few days ago...that our "color" was going to be delayed, this year, because the nights have been too warm to trigger the change in the leaves. It makes sense...I was beginning to doubt that Fall was ever going to get here myself!!

It is hard to believe you are in the month of October, in Pennsylvania, when the temperature is close to (and on a day, or two, above....) 80 degrees!! However....all of that is about to change!! I am really keeping a close eye on the overnight temperatures because I want to bring a lot of my plants inside for the Winter. It looks like that will be happening this week!!

Another thing that had an arrival delay, this year, was my pumpkin purchasing!! I wasn't sure what "route" I wanted to take for the front porch decorating....traditional....or all of those REALLY cool peach, pink, blue green and white pumpkins. I was having a little trouble getting into the spirit...between our crazy early October schedules and the weather....so I just didn't buy ANY pumpkins....at first!!

But....all of that changed, last week!! First I bought one of the new "pink"ones...at the grocery store...and then I bought a white one to go with it. Then I bought ANOTHER "pink" one...because it was, sort of, green and white AND pink....and it was really pretty. Then I bought two "traditional" orange ones...because the stems were fat and twisty....and then another one (with really deep grooves...)...and then another one, because it was HUGE....it turns out I am addicted to the little buggers!!! I tell myself we have enough...but I am drawn to them..like a moth to a flame...and find myself buying "just one more"!!

Oh well.....there are far worse things to be addicted to...right?? Hahaha...

To celebrate my "addiction"...and the coming of FALL(for real!!!)...I wanted to pass along a great recipe for you to try...and yes, it's PUMPKIN!!!

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

     1 cup heavy cream
     2 cups milk
     1 cup chopped white chocolate
     1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
     1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
     1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Heat cream and milk in a pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot...but NOT boiling!! In a medium bowl, pour hot milk mixture over the white chocolate. Stir until they are melted. Add pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Pour into cups, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.

You might want to make this before the week is over....it's warm and cozy...and we are going to need it!! You might, also, want to go buy a pumpkin....it will be one less that is calling to me!!!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment