Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, January 6, 2014

Time to put Christmas away!!!

Take a deep breath....and exhale.

We packed up all of our Christmas decorations, here at home, today. I love my collection...and I will miss it....but it's time to move on.

A few weeks ago I was dreading having to put it all away. I love Christmas and I love how warm and cozy the house is when it's all decorated. I love coming home from work and turning on all of the lights...it's like a big hug!!

But, right on cue, the first of January arrives and I am "ready" to put everything away until next year!!

It always seems to go by so quickly. It seems like you just get the tree up...and you turn around and it's time to take it down!! I am really, really glad that I decided, a few years ago, to decorate early in November. With our schedule...it just seemed logical!! At least we get to enjoy the season...and not feel as though we blinked and missed it all!!

Not only do I love to decorate the house for Christmas....I love to collect NEW decorations!! This year I found myself looking at the "vintage kitchy" things....I picked up old plastic cupcake picks and cake toppers....some old paper houses...even an elf on skis!! I never would have thought I would be interested in them....but I was fascinated!! All of my "treasures" found a home mixed in with my kitchen display!! It was fun...but it has me wondering what I will find myself interested in, next year!!!

So...now that Christmas 2013 is just a memory...was it wonderful??

I think, sometimes, we have great expectations for the day...we want everything to be perfect....just like a Christmas card!! But, it doesn't always work out that way!!

I have learned to stop and smell...the gingerbread (hahahaha....) and really enjoy the whole season. By the time Christmas day arrives I have, already, enjoyed "weeks"of Christmas. The music, the lights, the decorations. I try not to have "expectations"....just roll with it and enjoy what comes!! Striving for that "Christmas card" is just not realistic!! It's also....exhausting!!

I hope your Holiday season was "Merry and Bright"....but I, also, hope the year ahead is awesome!!

I know a lot of people made their "New Year's resolutions" but I don't believe in them...I just try to do my best. Treat people the way you would want them to treat you (.....an awful lot of people should learn that one!!!) believe in yourself, try to remember that the world doesn't revolve around you (again....an awful lot of people need to learn THIS one, too!!!!) don't count on other people to make you happy...(it's your job)...and get out there and find those things in life that make you smile....like "kitchy" elves on skis!!!!

Happy, Happy New Year....time to get the snowmen out!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment