Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, February 23, 2015

Come On Spring!!!!

25 Days....Spring arrives, officially, in just 25 Days.

We all know that doesn't automatically mean warmth and sunshine, the disappearance of all of this cursed frozen stuff and the magical appearance of green grass and flowers....but it DOES give us something to look forward to...a light at the end of the tunnel!!

There are a few things that puzzle me about the coming of Spring...

Somewhere around the middle of October...definitely before Halloween..."Christmas" starts to show up in our lives. Television commercials, decorations, movies and specials, cards and gift wrap...and the population goes berserk!! It's too early...why do we have to "rush" it...why can't we just enjoy the moment...etc. etc. etc.

BUT....somewhere around the middle of February...if we even make it THAT long...."Spring" starts to creep into our lives...and I don't know one, single person who isn't over the moon to see it happen!!!!

Hmmm....Is there a reasonable explanation for this?? It can't be because Christmas brings a "to-do" list along with it...because so does Spring!! I can't wait (she says sarcastically...) to see all of the damage that will need to be fixed thanks to old man Winter!!! So what is it about the coming of Spring that is met with nothing but applause and enthusiasm??

I decided I had had enough Winter a few weeks ago...and promptly starting turning the gift shops over to Spring and Easter decor...it has been met with much...SHOPPING...clearly I was not the only one who has had enough!! There is more wonderful merchandise on the way...including the Easter candy (by far one of my favorite shipments of the year!!) so if the beautiful taste of Spring weather that we enjoyed, yesterday, has the Spring fever running high...be sure to come in and visit us...soon!!

And...if you have a reasonable explanation...I'd love to hear it!! As for me...I get just as excited when the first commercials for the Christmas specials start to show up as I did when I saw that first robin in my crab apple tree, this morning!!! On second thought...I think the robin was much more exciting than the Grinch...Come on Spring!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment