Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, February 2, 2015

Looking for Spring.....

I don't know about you but I am really, really tired of Winter weather!! I think we need to talk about something else...anything else!!

There are lots of things that make me happy, but my garden...and gardening in general...tops the list!! Usually about the time that Mother Nature has decided to take a break...and turns everything gold and red and orange and the chill is in the air...I am ready for a break, too!

But...to everything there is a season...and, usually around the end of February...thoughts of my garden consume all of my "free time". This year I think the time has come...a little ahead of schedule!!

I feel that some of the "Winter-weariness" is still leftover from last year!! I was really hoping that this winter would be better...but alas!!

When you own a small business...and depend on customers coming in to visit...the weather (unfortunately) is, constantly, on your mind!! And thinking about it, worrying about it...and cleaning up after it...is exhausting!!

Add to that the fact that the stupid groundhog somehow managed to see his shadow (which...considering just how utterly miserable it is here in Pennsylvania today....I find a little suspicious!!!) so we will be "enjoying" 6 more weeks of this...I think it's time to think Spring!!!!!

I found...and ordered...a whole bunch of new, ADORABLE, decorations for fairy gardens (which is one of my many, many passions!!!) and they have been "out" (and selling briskly) for a couple of weeks...but I think it's time to pull out the "big guns"!! So...just to let you know...the Spring merchandise is on it's way to the gift shops at Sweet Memories!! I am going to get my Spring fix one way or the other!!!

Also...just to let you know...my next blog will be about  fairy gardens! There have been a few of you who are, sadly, misguided...and seem to believe that fairy gardening is for children!! While I wholeheartedly encourage planting these wonderful, magical gardens WITH kids...they are by no means "for children"!! Like I said...it is a passion!!

So...bottom line...if you are looking for Spring...(and think the groundhog is, in fact, JUST a rodent!!!) make sure you stop in and visit Sweet Memories soon...and keep an eye on this blog, too!!! I have all kinds of inspiration brewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment