Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, March 30, 2015

A very important "public announcement"....please read!!

Good Monday Morning!!

I know...Monday is not usually a favorite...but it is our only day off!! We had one very, very busy week...and I need a little break to gear up for the week ahead!!

Don't misunderstand...I have projects to do today...they just don't involve butter and sugar! Hahaha....

I am, officially, booked for my Easter orders. I would like to explain what that means. I am the only one who bakes...I have help...but, I am the one who does the baking. I know, especially after doing this for 27 years, what my limitations are! In addition to the responsibility of having all of the orders done on time...I have the responsibility of keeping the bakery case nice and full for any walk-in purchases as well as the restaurant patrons. A responsibility that I take very seriously....because our customers take their goodies very seriously (teeheehee...)

In addition to this being Easter week...it, also, contains April Fool's Day...which, around Sweet Memories anyway, is a fun "cupcake Holiday"!!! So, while I am totally ready to bake those adorable Easter treats...I need to take a short side trip and get those "not what they seem" cupcakes ready for you, too!!

There is a reason that I am explaining all of this...basically...we are not like everyone else!! And that is the way we like it! I am sure "other" bakeries have no problem taking as many orders as possible...because "other" bakeries have methods in place to accomplish that. We are a small-batch "boutique" bakery (I saw that phrase somewhere, one time, and thought it was a great way to describe us!!) and I bake just like I would if I were baking at home. (I am pretty sure that's one of the reasons that we are SO busy...which makes me very happy!!)

Now...the reason for this explanation...

We have had a ton...and I mean a TON...of new customers "discover" us, recently. And, as you all know, "new" tends to mean you are "learning" the way things are done!! So....I thought a little "refresher course" (or brand new lesson...depending on your "newness" level haha...) would be a good idea!!

There is a lot going on behind the purple door at Sweet Memories (I have been thinking about changing the color, by the way, any thoughts???) we are a restaurant (also small batch, homemade cooking!!!) and reservations are ALWAYS suggested. Okay...I hear all of our "seasoned" (see how I used that cooking term??) patrons saying..."not on a Friday Night"...which is true. Friday Nights we are trying to keep it casual...just come on in!! But...for all of our Lunch, and our Sunday Brunch, services those reservations are a great idea...we TAKE walk-ins...but, if there are no seats left...well, you get the picture!! Now...we are, also, a "walk-in" bakery AND an amazingly wonderful, unique and creative gift shop...(a little horn tooting...) when we say we are OPEN from 10:00 to 5:00...that is the bakery and gift shops. You can come in at 10:00 and shop for whatever your little heart desires...or grab a cup of coffee or tea and a sweet something from the bakery...and those wonderful options apply in the afternoon, as well!! Our first LUNCH seating is at 11:00 and our last LUNCH seating is at 2:30....but we are open all afternoon...so eat (cake, cookies, brownies...) drink (strawberry lemonade, coffee, tea...) and shop til you drop!!!

We stop serving at 2:30 because..well, it's lunch...(as opposed to "Linner")...and it takes a little while to clean the kitchen and prep for the next day, as well as all of the chores that go into running the well oiled machine that is Sweet Memories! Please...by all means...come in at 3:00, make yourself all cozy with a treat and a friend, and enjoy!! Just save time for shopping....because you never know what amazingly awesome goodies you will find in the shops upstairs!!

And...for our last "lesson"...Sunday Night. We serve "Supper" (love that word!!) 2 nights a week. We picked Friday because we wanted something fun and relaxed. We wanted to serve "heartier" food that would appeal to the men folk in our fan club! (Not that you "guys" don't love lunch, too!!) But...Sunday...that's a whole different game. We wanted that old-fashioned, homemade, full of memories food that you enjoyed at your Grandmother's house on Sunday nights...(like the pot roast that we cooked all day, yesterday, that made the whole place smell like my MomMom's house!!) Now....THIS service...I NEED reservations!! I need to know whether we are cooking for 10 or 35. You know yourself how hard it is to judge the amount of food to cook for family gatherings...imagine if you weren't sure WHO (or how many) was coming!!!

Now...to re-cap...and clarify...we LOVE you guys...and we love, LOVE new customers...all we want is to make your experience with us wonderful!! We want to be your "Happy Place"! Your number one destination for treasures for yourself, your home and for that special gift! Your favorite, favorite bakery! And THE restaurant of choice. All we ask, in return, is that you show us some love, too. Call and make that reservation...call and cancel it, in advance, if something comes up...and please, please, please know that the "rules" are in place because we know what we're doing!!(20 years people...20!!!)

There will be a test on all of this later....so study, please!! (I have to say....even some of our regulars may not ace this...fess up...how many of you can't remember that you need a reservation on Sunday night....or think that we "close" at 2:30!!!!) If you have any questions...I am here for you...and would be more than happy to answer them!! Now....pencils ready...start taking notes!! (and, seriously now, any thoughts on changing that front door color??)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this excellent refresher! Even though I am a "seasoned" patron, I didn't realize that when lunch ends at 2:30 you can still enjoy a bakery treat! Good to know! By the way this page is beautiful!!! Love the color combinations! Maybe the color of your door could be a peach/pink and grey combo on the trim. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I was seriously considering the color change....but I just noticed a comment on facebook, from my youngest daughter, that the door is staying purple! Hahaha.....kids!!! I am just so anxious to get outside and start to get some of these projects done!! Spring can get here any day now!!!!

    ReplyDelete