Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas is coming....

I love the Holidays....all Holidays.

It does put me in an odd position, though. Why?? Well....because I am a "retailer".

When you become a retailer your job is to find, and purchase, merchandise that you think will sell. And then...sell it. For some "big box" retailers that means saturating your every waking moment with the merchandise that makes them lots of money. Television commercials, magazine and newspaper ads....buy here!!! Spend your money with us!

Now....all of us.....small businesses.....can't do that. We can't saturate your every waking moment with...well...anything!! And, as far as I am concerned, that's a good thing! That would be the odd position of which I speak!

We are not like most retailers.

When I pick out and purchase merchandise for our gift shop I don't give any thought to whether or not it will sell....I only think about whether or not I would want it in my own home or would give it, happily, as a gift. That ensures that, when it's time to set everything up and design the displays, we are excited to decorate....just as excited as I am when I decorate my own home. I think it shows. When you love what you're doing...and the merchandise you are displaying....there is extra sparkle and the magic is evident.

My greatest hope is that you will come and see what we have to offer....and love it all as much as we do! Even better.....come often!!! Come when you need a gift (or two or three....) come when you need a break, come when you are looking for the magic....because, as much as we need you to buy from us so that we can be here next year to do it all again, what we really need is to share the love, and excitement, of the Holidays!! Something you just can't do with commercials and ads!

Merry Christmas....and very, very Sweet Memories!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment