Welcome to Sweet Memories




Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A little....white!!

I love color.

I know the current trend is white. White, off white, beige, taupe, linen.....white.

There is something very calming about those rooms of white...and shades of white....it's kind of like when a fresh snowfall covers the drab landscape.

I appreciate this trend. I love to look at the pictures of those rooms. However....I couldn't live in those rooms!

Our home is full of color. Red, green and black (yes black!) are, pretty much, my go-to colors. While the white pallet is calming and serene....the rich, saturated colors that I prefer are warm and comforting...like a hug!!

Now....having said that....we are in the process of repainting our entire upstairs. I have found myself leaning towards off white, taupe and beige! Well....not exactly! I love burlap. I love the color and texture. The first wall color I decided on was a variation of burlap. We painted all of the trim a warm, clean white....yup....white!! It is beautiful!! We painted the next room a really pretty "grayish" burlap and, yesterday, we finished the bathroom!! Another...slightly lighter...shade of burlap. Each of the rooms are different....have their own personality....but flow together seamlessly!

Now....In my defense....all of these color choices have proven to be a wonderful backdrop for my collections....my collections that are FULL of color!! Those rich, saturated, time worn colors that I love!

Even my collecting habits go against the trends....I have stuff...lots and lots of stuff!! I will never live in a space without my collections!! Finding new treasures...and displaying them...is one of my greatest joys! It makes me happy!!

So....the point of this story? Well....don't follow trends.....make your house YOUR home. Surround yourself with what you love....and with whatever makes you happy! And....most importantly....paint something white....you're going to love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment