Welcome to Sweet Memories




Monday, May 23, 2016

Slowly....slowly....getting there!!

Projects....projects....projects!!

We are....slowly....getting things accomplished. The key word here is slowly!!

We are getting a new shed. The shed is my husband's domain. Just like the inside of the house is mine!! It is where he makes...well....magic!!

I come up with all kinds of ideas....and he builds them...makes them happen!!

But....he needed a new, better, bigger, happier place to work! So....we are getting a new shed. However....there have been problems! It came on a huge truck...and went right into place without a hitch....until he saw the roof trusses. They were the wrong shape!! Luckily...after a few "unhappy" conversations....the shed company said they would "fix" it. Unfortunately....it is not an easy...or quick...fix!!

Now...all of that is stressful enough. But, during the "transformation", all of the contents of the old shed have been scattered all over the place!! We have all kinds of things under huge very, very blue tarps, in our basement, the basement at the shop....our daughter's shed...and my "she shed" pool house. Needless to say...It is hindering everything. But today is the day! They are coming to build the roof...the right roof...and THEN we will be able to get things back to normal!!

I am super excited about that for all of the obvious reasons....but also because then we can start to tick off the many, many projects on our to-do list!! I am planning on showing you all of those projects....including all of the ones I have been working on inside the house! I, also, want to share some stories with you...the memories that I have been working so hard to incorporate in my decor.

I don't think we are the next Chip and Joanna....but I am proud of our home! All of the stories and pictures will give some insight into our shop, too! Why we do what we do...the way we do it!

Hopefully you will come back for story time!!!

I am going to go outside and take a "before" picture of the shed....(as my Grandson said...."it's beautiful...well except for the roof"!!! Hahaha).....then I will show all the stages of "after" that we are planning! After all...we have to customize it....make it more "us"!!!

Soon....YEAH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment